Learning and Organising Services together with the Pensions Unit have developed a one day course, Introduction to Pensions. Aimed at branch reps from across service groups, it seeks to demystify some of the issues around pensions. It helps reps to understand their own pension queries and to support and signpost members with similar questions.
The course recently ran in Scotland to great evaluation feedback.
The Introduction to Pensions course includes:
- Reasons why joining a pension scheme is one of the best forms of saving.
- How you can work out how much pension you’ll get on retirement – both from Occupational pension and State pension.
- Equality issues around changes in retirement ages
- Difference between Final Salary and Career Average Revaluation schemes.
- See how your scheme compares to other schemes.
- The law on Automatic Enrolment
- Where to find help and support
Courses will be organised in regions subject to demand – you can find details of your regional education team here.