The core course for new union learning representatives explains UNISON’s approach to lifelong learning and helping working people to gain skills and qualifications and learn for personal fulfilment.
With a focus on those who have traditionally been excluded from learning, you will learn how you can work with members and employers to identify learning needs, promote UNISON’s learning offer, and organise around learning.
You can find out more about being a ULR by completing our short online learning module introducing the role, which you can find on our e-learning site.
Some regions organise training for ULRs, and UNISON learning and organising services also run national courses.
East Midlands region
- Leicester, 4, 11 and 18 October 2018
- Nottingham, 3, 10 and 17 December 2018
Greater London region
- Southall, 5, 12 and 26 July 2018 (branch-based course: click for more details)
- Newcastle, 2, 9 and 16 October 2018
- Belfast, 24 August, 7 and 21 September 2018
North West region
- Manchester, 11-13 December 2018
- Glasgow, 26-27 September 2018
South West region
- Wareham, 25-26 July 2018
Photo © Jess Hurd/reportdigital.co.uk