UNISON Learning and Organising Services has commissioned a series of webinars for staff who work in care homes from Cruse Bereavement Care. While staff in this sector are likely to be accustomed to witnessing the deaths of residents in their care and to processing their own feelings of grief and bereavement, the sheer frequency and distressing nature of deaths due to Covid-19 make this particularly difficult.
Unfortunately we have no places left on any of the webinars. We hope to be able to run more in the future, and will advertise any further sessions on our website and via our networks.
The training has been designed to reflect these circumstances. It will last approximately 2.5 hours, and help participants to:
- Reflect on the grieving process and gain an understanding of current models that help them understand the impact of grief and bereavement on them
- Become aware of the impact of loss and bereavement on families
- Consider, through their own understanding of the impact of loss, the ways they may take care of themselves and other individuals following bereavement
- Consider skills relevant to their role to help them improve how they communicate with bereaved people during this crisis
- Develop an awareness of support organisations, and how and when to seek further support or advise others to, including an understanding of the boundaries of their roles.