11 – 14 March 2024
This course will be delivered online via MS Teams over consecutive morning sessions on 11th – 14th March 2024, 9am – 1pm.
This is a particularly demanding course and only suitable for reps and branch officers with considerable practical experience of both employment law and casework. If you would like to access an introductory course in contracts, redundancy or TUPE please email us at email@example.com for information on available training.
The training will help activists gain a good understanding of contracts of employment and members’ potential rights when facing redundancy. It will enable activists to recognise relevant legal issues when dealing with casework, campaigning and negotiating. It also covers unilateral variation of contract in the context of changing contracts; redundancy and TUPE.
It does not cover unfair dismissal in the areas of capability and misconduct.
To apply, you must:
- Be an accredited representative and senior steward, convenor or branch officer
- Have previously attended an Introduction to Employment law course or equivalent
- Be able to commit to attending all of the above dates for the full session (9am – 1pm)
- Be prepared to spend approx. 1 hour on pre-course exercises
- Be prepared to spend approx. 1 hour on homework during the afternoon/evening of the first three days of the course
- Have agreed facility time (time off) from your employer to attend the full course if attending during working hours
- Be able to participate fully in the sessions, which are highly interactive
- Have agreement from your branch to attend
A charge of £180 will be made to your branch should your application be successful.
To apply for a place on this training please complete and submit the following form: