15 February 2022 5:30pm
UNISON Centre, 130 Euston Road, London, NW1 2AY
Do you want to improve your English skills? Could a qualification help you move on in your job or develop your career?
Wherever you work, Functional Skills English qualifications are designed to give you the skills to operate confidently, effectively and independently in education, work and everyday life.
Please note: this pilot course is only open to UNISON members in Greater London.
Functional Skills is a nationally recognised qualification that’s equivalent to GCSE. It will help you develop your skills in:
Speaking, Listening and Communication
– make a range of contributions to discussions in a range of contexts, including those that are unfamiliar, and make effective presentations.
– select, read, understand and compare texts and use them to gather information, ideas, arguments and opinions.
– write a range of texts, including extended written documents to communicate information, ideas and opinions, effectively and persuasively.
- Start date: Tuesday 15 February
- Weekly two-hour sessions, 5.30pm-7.30pm
- Up to 25 weeks (fast track available)
- Experienced tutor from College of Haringey, Enfield & North East London (CoNEL)
You’ll begin by taking an online assessment so that your tutor can advise you where to start. After that, you’ll work together towards the exam which will give you the Functional Skills English qualification.
We can support you with the costs of travel and purchase of textbooks.
To apply, complete the form below, OR
Download and complete this form, and return it to email@example.com