2 – 3 February 2022
Attendees will leave this two-day online course with the basic skills necessary to create, edit, format and manipulate spreadsheet data.
No previous experience of Excel is necessary, but attendees should have a basic understanding of PCs, including familiarity with keyboard and mouse.
Course content covers:
- Getting started. In this section, we learn easy techniques that enable you to select cells, groups of cells (called ranges), and nonadjacent cells.
- Entering data. The first steps to creating a useful worksheet is entering data. By entering data, you are inputting the information that you want Excel to display, calculate, and store.
- Creating simple formulas. Formulas are mostly simple instructions to Excel to make some sort of calculation that can then be applied as often as you need it. Here, we take you through some of the basic commands.
- Revision exercises. Some simple exercises to help you practise what you have learned so far, with the tutor on hand to help when you are stuck.
- Working with functions. Functions are simply formulas that Excel has already prepared. We show you how to access and use them.
- Simple formatting options. We take you through some simple formatting tricks that can help make your worksheets look and perform better.
- Build your first spreadsheet. We pull together the day by building a simple spreadsheet. A step by step, tutor led session, using data that we supply.
Places on the course are limited and learners are expected to take part in hands-on activities.
This course will be delivered on Teams and it will take place over two morning sessions.
This course is now fully booked, to be added to the waiting list for further dates please complete the form below.