UNISON has commissioned a large-scale membership survey to help form and develop UNISON College. The survey was conducted in March-April 2022 and it received a remarkably good number of responses. In total, 18,329 UNISON members responded to the survey. Additionally, six focus groups were run to dig in deeper on members’:
- recent learning experiences
- demand for learning and training
- barriers to learning and what would help lowering the barriers
- awareness of UNISON existing learning offer and
- views of UNISON College.
Survey respondents showed a great appetite for learning but face barriers such as lack of time and cost of training. The results offer a good ground to build UNISON College offer further especially in
- exploring what its extended continuous personal development (CPD) offer will look like
- recruiting new union learning reps (ULRs) to support learning in the workplace and
- growing the number of learning agreements with employers and
- raising the visibility and awareness of UNISON learning offer and UNISON College.
You can download the executive report here:
Or download detailed findings below: