UNISON has partnered with Cruse again to provide some specialist training for dealing with grief in young people and children.
This online workshop run by Cruse Bereavement Care is offered to UNISON members who work with children and young people. While staff who work with these groups may already have some experience in dealing with children who have experienced grief, the nature of Covid-19 has meant that a greater number of children and young people may have been affected by the deaths of loved ones or even a peer. The training has been designed to reflect these circumstances. It will last approximately 2.5 hours, and help participants to:
- Reflect on the grieving process and gain an understanding of current models that help them understand the impact of grief and bereavement on them;
- Explore factors affecting the grieving process;
- Understand how to support a child through grief;
- Explore your own personal/work contexts and situations relating to grief;
- Explore notions of self-care in relation to grief.
This course is now full. Further workshops will be advertised on this website, but your regional education team may also be organising similar events in your area.